How It Works
Drive with Confidence provides driving assessments, training and adaptations for drivers of all ages. For those towards the end of their driving career Jill can help determine fitness to drive. She can also help new drivers with physical or cognitive limitations in need of adaptations.
1) The Clinical or Pre-driving Assessment occurs at the driver’s home. This includes: vision, cognition, strength, mobility and coordination, reaction time, review of medical history and medications, driving history and family concerns.
2) The Behind-the-Wheel Assessment (if deemed appropriate) is completed in the instructor’s vehicle with an Instructor Brake (and other adaptations as needed). This assessment includes: basic vehicle operation, ability to safely get in/out, managing adaptive equipment, adhering to rules of the road, self-awareness, emotional regulation, insight, judgment, distractibility, anticipating other drivers, and speed control.
3) Recommendations may include: further training, introduction of adaptive equipment, providing restrictions as appropriate, educate family/driver in area of concerns or assist with driving cessation if needed.
4) A valid driver's license or permit is required for the Behind-the-Wheel Assessment.
5) A prescription from a MD, Optometrist or Physician’s Assistance is required.
I contacted Jill for a driving assessment for a patient that I was treating. There was beginning to be conflict between the patient and the family regarding safety with driving and family agreed that having a professional third-party assessment would be the best and safest route…
4/16/21 - DH (driver) didn't give me anything specific to share. However, the absence of is a positive one. From me (spouse), I am extremely grateful for your sensitivity (and directness) in delivering challenging-to-hear feedback. Your personal demeanor and unassuming presence enabled it.
4/10/21 - It was clear to me that my husband was becoming less proficient behind the wheel. He and I decided to seek an expert opinion on the subject. Jill Kelly is that expert. Jill is friendly, calm, supportive, patient, competent and totally knowledgeable. She admittedly enjoys helping her clients remain independent for as long as possible.
My husband found the driving sessions with Jill to be extremely positive and beneficial. Thank you, Jill. It was a pleasure working with you!
1/7/21 - As a bilateral below-the-knee amputee, I appreciated the opportunity to work with Jill. She is a very thorough and patient driving instructor, and she worked with me to develop a customized plan to suit my specific needs. She also worked directly with my doctors and the DMV to ensure I had met all requirements and was able to start driving again. I would highly recommend Jill to anyone who needs specialized driving instruction.
1/4/21 - What could have been a very stressful situation, with clear instructions, you put me at ease and made the driving evaluation a positive experience. Your car was extremely clean and very easy to drive.
11/23/20 - Jill was great to work with. She went out of her way to find a time and place that worked well for us to test. She is very knowledgeable about her job and was very kind to us. She kept in touch and did an all around great job. I highly recommend her services.
9/22/20 - Jill was totally professional, kind and gracious. She was extremely patient with my husband who had recent health issues and was concerned about his driving abilities. I would highly recommend Jill for anyone seeking a professional approach. She prepared a detailed report which was shared with family members and my husband's doctors. It is my pleasure to highly recommend Jill and her company, Drive with Confidence.
To improve public safety by assisting families to determine if a family member is safe to drive and help through the transition of driving cessation as needed. We also help new drivers, with different abilities, the opportunity to become a safe driver through additional training or adaptations.